How to Use the ULAT
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
1. The first 15 lessons in the ULAT program are provided to you free of charge and therefore do not require the use of a username and password. You are assigned a username and password upon subscribing to the ULAT, but will not be obliged to use them until you reach lesson 1.16.
LENGTH OF A LESSON
2. Some lessons can be studied sufficiently in a single day, others will take as long as four days. Consequently, determine how much time you intend to devote to foreign language study each day and then, when that much time has transpired on any given day, simply stop your study at that point of the current lesson and then pick up your work the next day where you left off.
COMPLETING ONE YEAR OF STUDY
3. Generally speaking, if you devote 45 minutes per day to studying the ULAT lessons, you will complete one year of study in approximately 180 days of class.
4. In the video found at the beginning of each lesson, an instructor will go through the lesson with the students, performing the lesson's activities with them and providing helpful explanations.
5. After watching the instructional video at the start of the lesson, and participating in the activities it proposes, the students are to work independently through the lesson, doing the activities that follow the video.
6. Be sure to click on any image containing a red border, as it will either play a sound or open a video clip.
7. The image of a stop sign appears at the top of any lesson containing a test. By clicking on the stop sign, students can bypass all of the lesson's activities and go directly to the test.
TEST ANSWER GUIDES
8. Lessons concluding with a test will usually contain four forms of that test. A video providing the correct answers to the oral tests is found at the end of the test. A button exists at the end of each written test that reveals its correct answers.
TIME TO GET STARTED
Here is how you get to the first day's lesson. Click here to return to the home page, click on "CONTENTS" in the menu bar and then select the language you wish to study. This will take you to the Table of Contents. From there, click on the green button next to lesson 1.1 ... and you're off and running!